Every week we give a new prompt, and participants go wild, using all their creativity, and producing fabulous covers far better than the original ones used by publishers.
Welcome to last week’s Wrap up and to the new challenge.
This was last week’s theme: The Sound of Music
And here are the gorgeous covers made by the participants. We’ve included the links to their blogs, so that you can visit them to learn how they made their covers. Go and visit!
Thank you all for taking part and bringing so much creativity and originality to this challenge! We love what you do!
First up is Julz from Julie Powell: Photographer & Graphic Artist, who (like Desley) wasn’t a fan of the movie and also chose a wonderful image from New Zealand as the backdrop to her fabulous cover.
Next is Jennifer from JenniferNicholeWells, who gave us a very cool breakdown of her process to create this very different cover, which looks awesome.
Now it’s Tildy, who is also not a big fan of the film, although seems to know the songs quite well 😉 Here is her lovely cover.
Next is Sabina and Toby from Library of Cats, who gave us two covers this week, using a very effective idea of adding in shapes of dancers. Very cool.
So, ready to go for the next challenge?
Here is how it works.
- Every Thursday we will give you the name of a book, music or movie, etc. and share with you our take on a new cover.
- You will prepare you own cover by using your archive photos or shooting a new one to go with the theme.
- Prepare your post and publish it. Remember to Ping Back (hyperlink) to this post. You may also copy your link to the comments section of this post.
- Use the tag #PhotoRehabCoverMakeover, so that we can find your post in the WP reader.
- Add your photo to the link provided below. In this way, you expose your photo to the other participants and the audience of the Photo Rehab.
- If you wish, you can add to your post the badge we made for the challenge (below).
- We will make a weekly wrap up of all the ingenious cover makeovers photos!
Every Thursday at 12:15 am CET you will find here the combined post. Immediately after that, every Thursday at 12:30 am CET, you will see the post with our version of the cover, which either Desley or I will create.
Isn’t this a cool challenge?!
This week, it’s another movie – The Cabin in the Woods. Desley wanted horror, so we went with one that is also amusing and has great special effects and a background supernatural theme. Here is the original cover. You can do a DVD cover or movie poster, whatever takes your fancy.
Now that you have your theme, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive in.
Here is the link to add your Cover Makeover to the link where all photos are. Click on the image below to add your cover when you are ready.
Happy Cover Makeover-ing 🙂
Lucile and Desley