We are grateful and thrilled with every response to this challenge, and with the creative and original entries submitted by the participants.
To simplify the format, from now on, we will make the wrap up of the previous challenge, and launch the new theme, all in one post.
Every Thursday at 12:15 am CET you will find here the combined post. Immediately after that, every Thursday at 12:30 am CET, you will see the post with our version of the cover, which either Desley or I will create.
So, are you ready?
We have the pleasure to present the gorgeous covers made by the challenge’s participants. This was last week’s theme:
And here are the outstanding covers made by the participants. Don’t you agree that they are über talented? It is impressive and beautiful work, and much better than the original cover of the book. And that is why we love to share it with you. We’ve included the links to their blogs, so that you can visit them to learn how they made their covers. Go and visit!
Nalinki from Angles and Views reminds us to never judge a book by its cover! And look at what she came up with! Beautifully done!
‘A single bird on a wire cries solitude’. That’s how The Beespeak interpreted the challenge. Bravo!
That is how solitude should look like, says Debbie from Deb’s World! And what a gorgeous interpretation!
Brenda from A Meditative Journey joins us this week. A warm welcome from us to the Photo Rehab Challenge! Check her blog and her skills with editing.
Su from Zimmerbitch is also joining the challenge for the first time! A warm welcome to her! She brings three covers and you should go and visit her blog to see the story behind these photos!
Disperser Tracks makes an interesting explanation for the choice of photos and executes the editing with detailed attention. It is worth checking his blog to learn what he did. Here is the result!
Joanne from Coffee Fuels my Photography has tipped her toes into Photoshop waters to come up with this beautiful cover.
And now it is the time for you to learn about the theme for the Cover Makeover #5!
This week we felt like it’s music time! We decided to go for an album of Simply Red, titled Simplified. The album was released in October 2005. It features new, rearranged recordings of the band’s older songs, and four new songs: “Perfect Love” and an alternate version, “My Perfect Love”, a cover of Leon Russell‘s “A Song for You“, and “Smile”.
You can enjoy two tracks of this album here:
Stay tuned for Desley’s version of this album. It’s coming soon!
So, ready to go for the next challenge?
Here is how it works.
- Every Thursday we will give you the name of a book, music or movie, etc. and share with you our take on a new cover.
- You will prepare you own cover by using your archive photos or shooting a new one to go with the theme.
- Prepare your post and publish it. Remember to Ping Back (hyperlink) to this post. You may also copy your link to the comments section of this post.
- Use the tag #PhotoRehabCoverMakeover, so that we can find your post in the WP reader.
- Add your photo to the link provided below. In this way, you expose your photo to the other participants and the audience of the Photo Rehab.
- If you wish, you can add to your post the badge we made for the challenge (below).
- We will make a weekly wrap up of all the ingenious cover makeovers photos!
Isn’t this a cool challenge?!
Now that you have your theme, what are you waiting for? Let’s dive in.
Here is the link to add your Cover Makeover to the link where all photos are. Click on the image below to add your cover when you are ready.
Happy Cover Makeover-ing 🙂
Desley and Lucile