A few days ago I received the Very Inspiring Blogger Award from fellow bloggers gfchopstix and Andy Townend. I’m humbled and grateful for the nomination. But I assure you that their blogs is the place where inspiration lives.
gfchopstix Gluten Free ~ Healthy gluten-free, egg-free living! is not just another blog from someone following a gluten-free trend. You will be delighted to read and see the photos from a road-trip through 162 different cities, over 60.000kms, from the lowest point below sea level to almost the highest altitude in the world.
Yes, there you will read about living gluten-free and learn new delicious recipes. Be aware that eating gluten-free is not always a choice as it makes some people really sick. Living healthily is both a gift and a choice. Enjoy the posts about gfchopstix’s life, and photography.
Andy is a blogger with a great passion for photography and writing. Some of you know him for his stunning photos matched with brief and deep words of introspection and reflection, which stay in our hearts.
If you don’t know him yet, please check his 3 blogs: Belgian Streets – seeing Belgium through his lenses; Belgrade Streets – incredibly beautiful and touching images, capturing the life and soul of Belgrade in Serbia; and the new-born blog named Andy Townend, where he will still delight us with excellent photos, but will indulge in writing much more.
And, finally, the guidance for those who wish to accept the nomination.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
2. Display the award on your post
3. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
4. State 7 things about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
Having done 1-3, it’s time to say 7 new things about myself.
1. I don’t like awards, as I dread all occasions that make me look vain and self-centered. I’m the type who enters a room and stays at the corner, observing. You may find it contradictory, as I accepted the award, and because there isn’t anything more public than blogging. What I’m talking about though is my aversion to self-promotion. My aversion to being unkind is bigger than looking vain, so I cannot refuse the token of appreciation from Andy and gfchopstix.
2. I had a diary from my teenage years; as I inadvertently left it together with my old books, years later my mother donated the books to a library without noticing that my diary went with it. I felt ashamed when I found this out, for my father was mostly the subject of my complaints, and everyone knew him well in the city, as an assertive but sweet businessman. Well, I didn’t think he was sweet at all…I do now.
3. I’m the fifth of a swarm of eight siblings. Somehow I feel privileged to be the youngster daughter, and to be treated like that by the family.
4. I once wrote a really bad poem at school, and a boy used it as the lyrics of a music he composed. He participated in a music festival and won the first place. I found out that he was in love with me…otherwise, no one would have used that horrible poem. It was cute though.
5. I always wanted to have a dog until I had to walk one for a whole week. It was a test of my real intentions. I failed. For parents struggling with the decision-making, bring your kid to do the same and they may give it up.
6. I learned to cook a few years ago and love it. My husband and I regularly watch Master Chef programs of many countries. We learn new things but mostly dream about it as we can never do the same.
7. Ok, I may totally discredit me now…I watch the program ‘Voice of Holland’. And find it pretty refreshing on a Friday evening…
Nominating 15 bloggers: I had many bloggers to mention. Andy and gfchopstix selected some of them and was saved by the fact that many others had already been nominated. The ones I chose here may have already been nominated as well, so apologies for that. The names below are in no order of importance; all of you have absolutely inspired me in your unique and special ways, and captivated my attention when expressing your opinions, photos, quotes, essays, experiences and knowledge. Thank you!
8. Deb’s World
12. Perspectives on
14. Chic Prune
If you have been nominated or don’t like awards, don’t feel obliged to participate.
Please check their blogs. You will enjoy it.