Although in conflict with accepting award nominations, without running the risk of looking vain, I decided for the second time, that it is the gesture that counts; and to never say ‘no’ to an act of kindness and appreciation.
So…thanks The Hot Mess Blog for nominating my blog for this award.
The Liebster award has german origins. The word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend.
It aims to discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. Bloggers award other bloggers. Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster award:
Post the award on your blog.
Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
Write 11 random facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 random facts about me:
1. I am not a fan of football (or soccer for the Americans out there).
2. I dislike any form of radicalism, extremism, and dogmatism, being it in religion, politics or whatever.
3. I never take ‘no’ for an answer.
4. I cry with romantic and sad stories, from the news to ‘B-movies’.
5. Even if am reading a book or watching a movie, which I start to dislike, I go till the end.
6. I start my day eating yogurt and a mix of cereals and seeds, self-prepared at home.
7. I love tea without caffeine. But I drink also coffee. Yeah, it can happen.
8. I am 1.63 cm high; shopping clothes in the Netherlands is sometimes challenging. Have you ever heard about the average height of the Dutch?
9. I am a stepmother of a lovely 15 years old teen; if I would have had a kid of my own, I would have liked her to be my daughter.
10. My husband is my soul mate and the person I love the most; I am sure we met in another life.
11. I don’t respect people who think that their opinion is always right, know it all and will never change. I’m yawning…
My nominations (sorry, if you have been already awarded and have more than 200 followers):
My 11 answers:
1. What is your favorite sport? I have many. Race biking, hiking, windsurfing.
2. What is the best song you have ever heard? It is a classic that makes me cry. Music of Grief and Sorrow Bach #3 Aria.
3. Have you ever been to a concert? If yes, which one? The most recent was ‘Cold Play’.
4. Do you like animals? Yes, but not to live with me.
5. What is your favourite movie? I don’t have a favorite and like countless ones.
6. What is the actor/actress that you would really like to meet? None. I would have liked to meet Mandela and Martin Luther King.
7. If you had 1.000.000 dollars what would you do? I would invest like that: 30% in a social entrepreneurship businesses, which focus on children’s education. I would spend some on a one-year round the world trip. The rest I would invest through the banking system (unfortunately we have to live with them).
8. What is your dream vacation? Hiking the Himalayas.
9. If you could speak a language, which one would you choose? My French is unpolished; French is the most beautiful languages of all.
10. What is the TV show you can’t live without? News…global, local.
11. Why did you start a blog? To share observations of life events that touched me – experiencing them, reading about some, or hearing of stories from other people was occupying a lot of gray cells in my brain and I had to share.
1. Are you afraid of the dark?
2. Do you care about recycling garbage?
3. Are you happy?
4. If you had to say the truth or protect a friend, which one would you choose?
5. Are you addicted to social media?
6. Do you have a dream?
7. Have you ever been in love with a friend and never told her/him?
8. Tell us the funniest thing that has happened to you.
9. If you could choose another place, where would you live?
10. Don’t you like gossiping?
11. Would you let me know if you rather not be awarded and why?