If you read the ‘About’ page of my blog, you know what kind of blogger I am, but to those who didn’t, let me make it very clear: I am most definitely not a professional writer.
Three weeks ago I signed up for the 30-day Blogging101 course by WordPress, because I wanted to learn all tips and tricks from the pros, and make my blog user-friendly, look better and more interesting to my readers. You know, there are many people who don’t go beyond a fast view and ‘like’ click; but there are others who drop by and read regularly, and for that they deserve better than amateurism, as they already have to cope with me.
What I didn’t know is that this course would give me much more. I am now part of a committed and engaged community of talented and creative bloggers, true writers, from whom I learnt every day much more than I had ever expected.
I started to follow new fantastic blogs and have been also honored to be followed by great people; their comments over my posts have been inspirational lessons, which I use to improve the blog, and get new ideas. I am impressed by the high level of writers on the blogosphere and humble to reaffirm that I am truly an amateur writer.
And that is why today I was surprised to be nominated by my fellow bloggers Deborah Drucker and Terri to the One Lovely Blog award. Thank you Deborah and Terri for the compliments and recognition. And congratulations for having been equally and deservedly nominated for this award.
I googled for information on this award but could not find its origin.
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer and up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and also to help the new blogger to reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow bloggers who choose them. This award recognizes bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines:
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award. Done!
- Add the One Lovely Blog logo to your post. Done!
- Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog:
7 Facts About Me… beyond my About page:
- I am addicted to anything black chocolate. Pure, on cake, as a dressing, ice cream, with passion fruit, oranges, all berries…
- I do like human beings. Strange? No, I know many people who don’t. My preference goes in this order: my family, friends, writers, (good) colleagues, (nice) neighbors, and the rest of humanity.
- I love yoga and race biking and do both often. Yin and Yang balancing out the Gemini in me..I was born in May, and yes, I am a Gemini; I do many things at the same time and sometimes it doesn’t work!l
- I am very focused and concentrated while reading, writing and working on a new idea; I forget to eat, move, sleep, until the job is done. I become deaf too; don’t try to talk to me… Oh yes, I don’t recommend this to anyone. It may cost you a few visits to the masseur or acupuncture.
- I have countless cook books and follow many sites and blogs for recipes, as I appreciate good food and like experimenting new things. I have been lately favoring Thai and Middle Eastern cuisine.
- I am in love with kitchen utensils and gadgets.
- I love bonsai and orchids, and some say I have a green finger; I have once planted a tree; I guess I still need to write a book though to be a complete human being.
- Rules are rules…I should stop here…what a pity, I was getting to the juicy bit. I will keep it for a new award…
The 15 Bloggers I admire:
- Andrea Transforming Mommy is a community blog where you immerse on heartwarming, deep and delightful posts about faith, family, fantasies, fashion, finance, food, friendship and fun.
2. Terri Webster shares great perspectives on life, work and leisure.
3. Trablogger Breathtaking Travel and Photography. Must see.
4. Estelea Beautifully written reflections on motherhood from a French lady on a sabbatical year in the Philippines.
5. Wendy Barron is a consummate writer who delights us with Bookish Hijinks for Fun& Profit.
6. A Momma’s View from a Swiss lady who emigrated to Australia and shares interesting thoughts about her life as an expat, family and life in general.
7. Lifestyleswithlia Italian-American uncovering moments in life that makes her (and us) smile.
8. Perelincolors Travel advice and impressions of a colorful world. Amazing photos and journeys. Must see.
9. Victo Dolore Behind the White Coat beats a real human heart, is a family practice physician and blogger who takes your breath away. No problem, you have a doctor.
10. Silver Threading Lifestyle Blogger’s journey into retirement brings reflection with a smile.
11. Imaniking is France’s blog about life, love and laughter (lots of).
12. The crafty lady in combat boots from a retired US air force sharing life and fantastic experiences.
13. Saturday Night Stitch Fervent passion about knit, sew and crochet. Mum of 5!
14. Jet Set Brunnete The musings of a twenty something travel addict.
15. I prefer deep blues and sea foam greens is a blog from a British, tea-loving teenager sharing whatever springs to mind.